ERN Live

• Search Shows

• Search Blog Posts

• Search All

• Jan 31, 2015

Spark Great Business | FULL SHOW | #14

Details

This week we’re going deep with Founder and CEO of Chris Downie. Hear Chris’ success story, and learn how the road to health can start by committing to just 10 minutes of exercise per day.

Segment 1: Celebrating 2014
    It’s been an outstanding year for Inc. Media! Editor in Chief of Inc. magazine and President of Inc. Media, Eric Schurenberg breaks down the tremendous accolades in the last year. Plus, get a preview of a special feature in next month’s issue which celebrates successful entrepreneurs who started out with very little capital.

Segment 2: No Pain, No Gain
    Necessity is the mother of invention. When opportunity knocks will you be ready to pounce? Eric Schurenberg discusses the gumption, grit and creativity you need to break through.

Segment 3: Spark of Success
    In 2001 Chris Downie created a website. Today SparkPeople.com is one of the largest health and wellness websites in America! We find out how Chris went from an anxious accountant to athletic and inspiring CEO.

Segment 4: Getting Acquired
    It was a regular Friday afternoon when Founder and CEO of SparkPeople, Chris Downie got an interesting phone call from the leadership at eBay. Chris relives the exciting acquisition process.

Segment 5: SparkPeople.com
    Lose weight and be part of a healthier community for FREE! We learn more about the website that’s taking the fitness world by storm, SparkPeople.com which is beloved by over 15 million unique visitor every month.

Segment 6: Secret Sauce
    What’s the magic formula to keep visitors wanting more on SparkPeople.com? Chris Downie says it’s a unique combination of tracking tools, expert content and a robust online community.

Credits

Host: Alan Taylor
    Producer: Jared Alexander
    Special Guests:
    Eric Schurenberg
    Chris Downie

Add a Response

Thank you for submitting your comment!

13 Comments

• Henrique
      Sep 23, 2015 at 02:14 PM
      Great show i heard every episode.
    • Denise
      Mar 01, 2015 at 06:49 AM
      I've been able to maintain my goal weight since 2011. Now I have other goals I'm working on through SparkPeople.com. Thank you, Alan, for spreading the word!
    • Nola R. From Chiefland, FL
      Feb 17, 2015 at 12:58 AM
      SparkPeople.com is an Awesome site! Thanks for the program Chris! :)
    • Phyllis
      Feb 09, 2015 at 03:13 AM
      Great stroy... i want one like that!! '-)
    • Maria
      Feb 08, 2015 at 08:25 PM
      I really enjoyed your interview and your words of wisdom. They really hit home. Thank you.
    • April Gibson
      Feb 08, 2015 at 07:51 PM
      Sunday 2/8/2015-2:47P.M. I wasn't interested in the article but I always enjoy saying hi to you Chris.Have a good week.-April(aprilgibson64@yahoo.com)
    • Patricia from Costa Rica
      Feb 08, 2015 at 04:22 PM
      I love SparkPeople! It's AWESOME! Thank you for your program.
    • Donita
      Feb 08, 2015 at 03:37 PM
      I enjoyed this interview very much. I'm new to your show and plan on listening often.
    • Barb
      Feb 08, 2015 at 02:14 PM
      Great show, SP is a fantastic site and is helping so many people achieve their goals not just weight loss either.
    • Donna
      Feb 08, 2015 at 01:50 PM
      Enjoyed the show. A one of the SparkPeople, it was especially nice to hear Chris Downey's story. Thank you.
    • Penny
      Feb 08, 2015 at 11:44 AM
      SP is the lifeblood for many of us, whether you want to lose 200 pounds or 10, or simply get healthy recipes! It's an amazing resource!
    • Margaret Riddle
      Feb 08, 2015 at 10:46 AM
      I've been a member of sparks since 2006 . It's been quite a journey. I've met so many people from coast to coast and the best thing is that's it's free. Many people out there can't afford to join in at gyms or weight groups. But this site is the best. I dropped over 120 pounds at the beginning but I'm still on the site as I've gained a lot of it back just by letting things go . There are many of us who have done the same thing but we still believe that it works.
    • Donna Endresen
      Feb 08, 2015 at 07:54 AM
      Great story. I have been a member of Sparkpeople.com since early 2007, when my personal trainer turned them on to them. I have Chris's Book, and know his story quite well.
  • Inc. Radio

Listen Live on Saturdays from 11-12 noon PST, 2-3pm EST

Bringing the pages of Inc. Magazine to life, Inc. Radio chronicles the fascinating world of entrepreneurship, providing you with the news, advice, and inspiration you need to lead your growing company.

Broadcast weekly from ERN’s studios in Los Angeles and on the road at live events, Inc. Radio brings you expert guidance from top leaders, in-depth conversations with today’s and tomorrow’s business icons, and vivid stories of entrepreneurial challenges and success.

Join Alan Taylor and millions of Inc. faithfuls, listeners at the forefront of American entrepreneurship and innovation, on Inc. Radio.

• Stay Updated